1 lb Ground Beef
1 Medium White Onion
1 Medium Green Pepper
1 Small Jar Olives with Pimentos
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce
1 Small Box (1 ½ Oz) Raisins
1 Can (16 Oz) Diced Tomatoes
½ Can Cold Beer
Salt and Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
Rice, Cavatelli Pasta, or Bowtie Pasta
1. Dice onion, pepper, and olives.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion, pepper, olives, salt, pepper, and adobo. Then turn off and let cool.
3. Brown ground beef and drain. Add tomato sauce and simmer.
4. Mix diced tomatoes (drained) and raisins, then add all ingredients to the ground beef and tomato sauce mixture.
5. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
6. Add ½ can of cold beer, chug the rest of the can. ;-) Add salt, pepper and adobo seasoning to taste. If you like spicy, add some crushed red pepper.
7. Cook rice or pasta per directions.
8. Fry an egg for each person.
9. Place Picadillo mixture over pasta (or rice) and top with a fried egg.
[ Return to Recipes Page ]